News

Biden and Trump Accept Offer from CNN for June 27 Debate

by Nicholas Ballasy

 

President Biden said on Wednesday that he accepted an offer from CNN for a presidential debate on June 27.

“Over to you, Donald,” Biden wrote on X. “As you said: anywhere, any time, any place.”

Trump has reportedly agreed to the CNN debate in Atlanta. 

“I’ll be there,” Trump said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Biden announced on social media he would participate in two debates outside of the traditional debates hosted by the non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates.

Trump and his campaign had objected to the dates of the commission’s scheduled debates, arguing that they were scheduled too late in the election cycle when early voting would be underway in some states.

 – – –

Nicholas Ballasy has been breaking news for more than a decade in the nation’s capital and questioning political leaders about the most pressing issues facing the nation.
Photo “Joe Biden” by Joe Biden. Background Photo “Debate Stage” by Gage Skidmore. CC BY-SA 2.0. 

 

 

 

 


Reprinted with permission from Just the News 

The post Biden and Trump Accept Offer from CNN for June 27 Debate appeared first on The Florida Capital Star.

Related Articles

Back to top button